Although they may be daunting, job interviews don’t have to make you anxious. If you portray yourself as prepared—we’re not only talking about copies of your resume—you will at the very least appear impressive to your interviewer and maybe even get the job.
Are you feeling confident about your upcoming job interview? Check out these 10 tips to make sure you’re fully prepared.
- There are a few ways to get insights into a company’s culture. Check out the corporate website, job postings, and reviews on LevoLeague.com, Vault.com, Glassdoor.com, and LinkedIn.
- Come to the interview with a list of questions about the position, department, and company. This will show that you’re invested in the role.
- When applying for a job, be able to explain in detail how your past experiences make you the perfect match for the requirements of the position.
- Why should the company pick you over anyone else? What do you bring to the table that other candidates don’t?
- To be successful in your interview, you should be able to explain how you will bring value not only to the team but also to the department and company as a whole.
- A great way to feel more prepared for an interview is to do a practice run with a friend or family member.
- Avoid using cologne or perfume.
- Your choice of clothes for an interview should be formal and clean. To avoid any stressful situations the night before, lay out your outfit and make sure it is ironed and pressed. Also, ensure that your shoes are polished. First impressions matter, and being well-prepared not only create a good one but also builds your confidence. When it comes to men’s grooming, get a trimmed haircut and be clean-shaven. Women need to remember that excessively long or brightly painted fingernails are both distracting and unprofessional in most workplace environments and filing your nails is a quick and easy way to keep them looking neat.
- To avoid being rushed or late, try to come at least 30 minutes early. This way, you can take deep breaths, relax and collect yourself before your meeting begins.
- If you can’t make your appointment, please let us know as soon as possible. We understand that plans change, and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
Are you ready to ace your upcoming job interview? Share with us the steps and tips you follow to ensure success in the comments!
Life after college can be overwhelming, but it's also full of opportunities. Here are the most important lessons Levo has learned so far.
Discover essential tips for going on vacation alone, ensuring a safe and enjoyable solo vacation adventure for female travelers.
If you're considering a move, these 10 questions to ask new employer can help you determine if the role is right for you.