Beaconhouse School System
January 2013 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Career Adviser at Beaconhouse School System, Supply Chain Professional
• On behalf of Hoshan Company Ltd., successfully negotiated a letter of credit with payment terms at 90 days instead of the initial 45 days with Mannington Mills, Inc.. Ensured these terms were maintained and respected for all future orders.
• Suppliers with advance payment terms were convinced to make exception for unique situations or priority customers with short deadlines.
• Succeeded in arranging cost free mock-up and replacement items for display and customer claims.
• Worked in closed collaboration with suppliers, building vendor trust and dependability while making sure of on time payment and delivery.
• Managed procurements and served as primary liaison between suppliers and multiple internal groups to ensure clarity of goals, quality and adherence to deadlines.
• Obtained supplier quotations and negotiated for favourable payment and delivery terms.
• Compared and verified quotations with the project cost analysis before seeking approval.
• Sought timely approvals on quotations and purchase orders.
• Prepared and sent Purchase Orders. Followed up on payment to the supplier and delivery from.
• Successfully resolved customer claims with vendors and suppliers while striving to save cost.
• Responsible for filling out bank forms with accurate data for Letters of Credit and making Telex Transfer requests.
• Computed, recorded, and proofread data, records and reports including but not limited to the Order Status Report, Payments Report, Cost Analysis and Supplier List. Reconciled and reported discrepancies found in records.
• Facilitated accreditation of new suppliers.
• Accessed computerized purchase order information and reviewed files, records and other documents to answer questions related to specific projects.
• Provided full support to the Purchasing Supervisor and Supply Chain Manager.