Sanctuary for Families
Outreach Coordinator, Anti-Trafficking Initiative
October 2014 — Present
• Coordinates/conducts outreach events for community stakeholders to increase identification of vulnerable populations, including: ethnic community based organizations, foreign national consulates, houses of worship, workers’ advocacy groups, health care facilities, and domestic violence centers;
• Assists with identification and referral of trafficking victims to National Human Trafficking Hotline and to appropriate community agencies;
• Coordinates training and technical assistance sessions on human trafficking to legal service providers, bar associations, domestic violence advocates, law enforcement, judges and federal, state and local government agencies;
• Promotes public awareness of human trafficking (dangers, indicators and protections) through the use of social media, outreach to foreign language press, and collaboration with pro bono public relations agencies;
• Disseminates informational material about human trafficking, including Blue Campaign and Rescue and Restore literature, and assists in development of additional material to reflect local community needs.