Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Academic Evaluator/Advisor at Palomar College
1. Evaluates incoming academic transcripts and records to determine equivalency, degree or program completion and transferability of course credits; analyzes course descriptions and syllabi for content, level, unit value and grading system using online curriculum resources, college catalogs, class schedules and other reference materials; follows up with other institutions to resolve questions and issues; verifies the institution’s accreditation status; converts quarter units to semester units; applies course repetition and limitation polices where applicable; identifies, recommends and initiates potential degree and prerequisite substitutions for faculty review; posts student transfer equivalences and prerequisite clearances in the transfer credit database.
2. Provides explanations of complex rules and regulations to students in the event of denial of credit transfers; advises students of any options available to them, including grade adjustments, academic renewal, course substitutions and changes in major; discusses issues with the relevant department chair/director.
3. Evaluates student academic records to determine student advanced standing following established procedures, in consultation with the Articulation Officer and department chairs/directors; makes determinations on completion of Palomar College graduation and University of California/California State University transfer requirements; validates units and grades for other purposes including veteran benefits, active duty evaluations and financial aid student academic progress requirements.
4. Validates student completion of degree, certificate and transfer requirements; posts degrees, certificates and transfer certifications; prints and mails diplomas and certificates.
5. Interpreting, explaining and applying complex legal mandates, regulations, guidelines, policies and procedures applicable to assigned responsibilities with consistency and a high degree of accuracy.
(Class specification LJC)