Be the change you wish to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi
Food Justice, Human Rights, Women's Rights, Women's Leadership, Peace & Non-Violence, Conflict Resolution, Immigration Reform, Poverty Alleviation
One where I could be a contributing factor in making the world a better place.
John Jay College of Criminal Justice
Women's Center Coordinator
October 2013 — Present
Guide student seeking information and assistance from the Women's Center.
Assist work study students to organize and execute campus outreach and educational events.
Network and develop projects with other campus organizations.
Develop campus outreach and advertising materials.
Execute paperwork for the Women's Center budget and student payroll.
Intercultural Center at Johnson & Wales University
September 2008 — February 2013
• Coordinated successful programs and events within the office and other organizations throughout campus
• Managed online marketing campaigns and developed/manage social networking websites.
• Revamped mission and vision statement to match new goals of establishment
• Assisted in the supervision of ten student workers in all phases of program planning and implementation, from set-up to clean-up.
Previous Position: Senior Student Ambassador
Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers
June 2012 — August 2012
Manage 5-6 floors on a daily basis with an average of 3-4 housekeepers per floor
Provide assistance to guest inquiries and requests throughout the day
Assist in the inventory of Room Attendant trucks, vacuums and other housekeeping equipment in a 1,781 room property
Ensure consistent brand cleanliness standards are followed in the rooms and public areas
Johnson & Wales University
Travel Practicum Intern
September 2011 — November 2011
Sales & Convention Services Intern at the Providence Warwick Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Shadowed sales managers during convention site visits
- Research upcoming trends in the city of Providence to provide clients with customized customer service
- Gathered information from other Convention and Visitors Bureau past history conventions
Rhode Island State House – Tour Guide
- Mastered the history of Rhode Island and its forefathers in order to give 10-15 detailed tours each day at the Rhode Island State House
- Greeted and assisted passengers and guests in person and by phone: collected and distributed pamphlets and information on local attractions and entertainment venues
Familiarization Trip-Reykjavik, Iceland
-Planned and facilitated a day tour for 22 people in Iceland which included dining, site-seeing excursions and hotel accommodations
Sheraton Kauai Resort
Sales & Marketing Intern
June 2011 — August 2011
- Participated in the coordination and execution of site inspections for the 394 room resort
- Research and gather flight shops, wholesale shops and internet package shops for weekly Revenue Max meetings
- Attended customer events, familiarization trips, and regional company meetings.
- Assisted with other interns in planning the annual Kauai Hospice Fundraiser Event in which the Starwood Resorts of Kauai were represented & new restaurant menu items were showcased
- Developed name for the new ocean front ballroom
- Prepare competitive analysis’ for banquets, meetings and weddings
- Updated social media sites and hotel website as needed
DCT International Business & Hotel Management School
International Hotel & Tourism Management
Johnson and Wales University
Bachelor of Science, International Hotel & Tourism Management