Electrical and SCADA Engineer
October 2008 — Present
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (WaterTransmissionPipeline)
• Project management related to the SCADA/RTU/PLC scope of work.
• Participation in Design review meetings and intermediate stage inspection visits.
• Review tender drawings and clients(DEWA) contracts & specifications
• Participating in the HSE meeting conducted from the contractor Safety manager
• Review the material submittals of SCADA, Electrical & Instrumentation and forwarding the same to the client for final approval.
• Review & participating for the FAT test at the manufacturer premises for field Instruments like (MBV, BV, MFM and PT etc) and
• Review & participating for the FAT test at the manufacturer premises for SCADA system (Allen Bradley, Wonder-ware, IDS RTU 850, MOXA switches etc...)
• Well verse with Ethernet based Protocols such as IEC870-501, IEC870-5-103, IEC870-5-104 master slave DNP3, MODBUS, PROFIBUS, DH+, TCP/IP etc.
• Drawing preparation & Site supervision of, installation, power-up, and commissioning activities for the various SCADA electrical & instrumentation activities.
• Supervising the installation of various cable laying ( Fiber Optic cable , Modbus, Profibus , Control & Power cables) as per approved shop drawings
• Reviewing the Main switch board Single Line Diagram as per the tender documents and forwarding same to the client for approval.
• Reviewing the design calculation & sizing of various electrical equipment like (Transformer, Circuit breakers, DG set, Capacitor bank etc.) as per total load.
• Supervising the installation of LV cable (11kv) as per the cable layout approval.
• Supervising the CCTV installation & Ultrasonic Level monitoring systems., cable laying (twisted pair cable), testing & commissionin
• Designing the Lighting protection layout for the Reservoirs compartment
• Reviewing the Piping & Instrumentation diagram for each compartment and submitting for approval.