Middle East Broadcasting Corp " MBC Group Channels"
System Administrator Engineer
July 2009 — Present
Scope of Duties:
- Managing Cairo branch office “Active directory [Cairo’s OU] “, “Group polices”, “ISA server”, “File, & Cluster servers”, “File Security” & “mail Servers”.
- Handling requests for Active directory accounts and users, shared drives access and security.
- Troubleshooting & resolving the Infrastructure and connectivity issues to different services & protocols (DNS, DHCP, LDAP, Proxy, Firewalls) HTTP, SSL, SMTP, SNMP.
- Provide first level support for all systems.
- Liaise closely / Co-ordinate with the IT Manager on company IT related issues /projects.
- Provide 24/7 on-call support for IT matters, escalating to 2nd level support as required.
- Ensure all department employers are fully conversant in the use of systems relevant to their department.
- Ensure that all based systems (software / hardware) are appropriately secured.
- Coordinate service and maintenance of computer hardware and peripherals, printers, data services and etc.
- Provide regular and scheduled system maintenance/upgrades i.e. daily, weekly, monthly and yearly.
- Ensure timely back-ups are performed, verified and stored appropriately.
- Maintain an accurate and up to date Asset List for all IT equipment.
- Performing all possible technical troubleshooting steps to resolve incidents reported.
- A wise quick solution to any defect. (Remotely /On-site).
- Managing a network infrastructure of about 250 Users & computers.
- Plan hardware/software/network equipment purchases & ensure smooth delivery of services.
- Responding & attending issues concerning raised tickets sent by Project managers/Department heads. (Tickets & bugs mainly raised using JIRA) otherwise any problem can be acknowledged through phone calls or by mail.
- Supporting company IT infrastructure & services.