Lowe's Home Improvement
Department Sales Manager
October 2012 — Present
Presently managing the Lumber, Building Materials and Commercial Sales departments. Past management positions in Outdoor Lawn and Garden, Paint and Home Decor Department.
#1 priority is ensuring our customers are given the service and shopping environment they deserve.
Responsibilities within role include;
- mentoring new and existing employees in the Lowe's Values and in methods to ensure our department and our store as a whole performs and delievers above standards.
- ensuring incoming PO's are sufficient in product in order to meet high seasonal demands and maintain stock levels at an appropriate quantity.
- communicating with merchandisers, buyers and vendors and working together to the benefit of our customers which includes appropriate stock levels, product lines, and in store P.K sessions
- working in conjunction with fellow associates outside of department to brainstorm and solve opportunities that may lead to greater convenience for customers and associates.
- tracking sales across department product groups to maintain appropriate sales and margin gain, and brainstorm plans to drive slower P.G's.
Additional Responsibilities include;
- Certified by Safe-Tech Training, under Lowes, as Heavy Equipment Facilitator.
- To teach, train and certify associates, for Lowes purposes, about the safe driving practices, benefits as well as the potential and avoidance of risk of driving Heavy Equipment (LP Counter-Balanced Forklift, Elec. Reach Truck and Elec.Order Picker).