October 2000 — Present
Vikas Mittal has spent 13-years delivering innovative solutions to public clients in the areas of human resources, service delivery, shared services, IT implementations and change management.
Past projects include the following:
- Implementing Workday HCM, service delivery model and other transformations at a large private institution
- Developing project management capabilities for a nonprofit organization
- Assessing multiple business operations at a university to develop recommendations for reducing administrative costs
- Analyzing back-office operations across 100+ country offices and headquarters for an international aid and advocacy organization to improve effectiveness and efficiency
- Managing the team to implement shared services and PeopleSoft technologies at a public transportation agency
- Developing an executive scorecard to support clinical, research and teaching capabilities across university-based hospital system
- Mobilizing a large finance transformation project and building out change management and deployment capabilities for a private institution
- Implementing PeopleSoft Human Capital Management for a municipal government comprised of over 80 agencies and 300,000 employees; roles included working with agencies to develop the processes and organization to support the technology, actual deployment and designing and implementing shared services for benefits
- Developing new business processes and recommending technologies to support a new way of requesting, scheduling and completing maintenance requests for a large state housing agency
- Implementing new business processes, key performance metrics and upgrading technologies related to the management of over 1,500 properties for the largest, K-12 organization in the US
Vikas has also served on many internal committees to improve operations (e.g. people development) and to develop thought leadership. Vikas has supported several volunteering activities including the NYC Academies.