Sr. Usability Practitioner, User Experience Design, Sr. Web Technologist
April 2000 — June 2008
Sr. Usability Practitioner, Information Architecture/User Experience Design
- Established and managed the Xilinx Web Marketing Usability Program.
- Practiced Discount Usability to provide the benefits of usability within a constrained budget.
- Extensive experience with onsite and remote user testing techniques.
- Responsible for managing the design and coding of high-touch areas of the Xilinx website, including the homepage, product catalog and education services.
- Web usability and user experience evangelist aligning design, engineering and business stakeholders.
- Created personas based on corporate customers combined with field research for communicating basic design needs for design teams, engineering teams and business stakeholders.
- Used HBX to monitor the success of new designs in production.
- Implemented SEO strategies to improve search engine results of the homepage, CPLD and FPGA family pages from the top 40 pages to the top 5 search results for Google and Yahoo.
Senior Web Technologist, Market Analysis
- Instrumented HBX code for Xilinx.com.
- Architected and developed the BroadVision CMS implementation for Xilinx.com’s product catalog – completed in 2000, de-commissioned in 2008.
- Created various tools to automate updates to 50,000+ HTML document headers and footers.
- Wrote competitive analysis reports of programmable logic competitors and their web campaigns.