University of Michigan-Dearborn
Coordinator of Admissions Special Projects/Programs
May 2002 — Present
Over 12 years in the Admissions Office, I have held a majority of the roles that we have, often moving into a new role when the office needs my expertise in that area.
Currently, I am working in the role of Admissions Special Projects, which entails work for the Director, Associate Director(s), assessing and analyzing data to give recommendations related to recruitment, managing English Language Proficiency Program transitions along with other International special application programs, coordinating the Dual Enrollment program, loading data into our system from test scores/housing lists, coordinating the Admissions Conduct Committee, among other things.
Past Roles Include:
- Coordinator of Admissions Processing (5 years) - oversaw and supervised all data processing activities, supervised 3 permanent staff members, extensive use of the BANNER student information system.
- Back-Up Transfer Equivalency Evaluator (4 years) - reviewed transfer credits, defined equivalencies, and completed a worksheet to inform transfer students.
- Senior Admissions Counselor (7 years) - recruited freshman & transfer students, file review, presentations, call campaigns, 1/1 student admissions advising, utilized territory management, and other admissions duties. Coordinated campus events such as Go Blue Friday and Transfer Advantage.
- Interim Assistant Director of Orientation Programs (3 years) - oversaw and coordinated freshman, transfer, parent Orientation programs, supervised and trained 30+ students and 1 professional staff person.
- Tour Coordinator (4 years) - oversaw and coordinated group & individual tours in addition to special programs coordination, supervised 3-5 student employees.