Figur8 All Ltd.
Independent Consultant - Accounting / Finance
March 2015 — Present
Working on specialized areas of finance/accounting: complex consolidations, M&A activities, acquisitions/divestitures, budgeting/forecasting using complex models, technical accounting, financial and operational reporting, business process improvement etc.
Most recent contract completed at Spectra Energy (11 months):
• Financial reporting – Supervised month end close process for Entero. Delivered monthly management reports for Empress business unit to Controller & VP. Worked with the Corporate external reporting teams in Calgary and Houston to meet all external reporting requirements (US GAAP).
• Process Improvement – Streamlined working papers and financial schedules, so as to remove redundant reports and decrease turnaround time for existing reports.
• Budgeting/ Forecasting/ Financial Modeling - Delivered budgets/forecasts for NGL business unit. Collaborated with business leaders to run various operational scenarios to enable operational decision-making. Provided regular and ad-hoc information to business leaders – Logistics, NGL marketing, Gas team.
• Ad-hoc analysis – Responded to information requests from the Empress plant (Field operations), external auditors, internal audit and SOX group, External reporting groups, Treasury, Commodity taxes, Business Interruption etc.
• Project management – Led the Entero One interface project which involved working with accounting, gas and IT teams to develop Entero One interface to SAP.