Founder, Maison Miru
January 2013 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Maison Miru is extraordinary jewellery for extraordinary women.
Named a Top 50 website by Time Magazine, Omiru is a style and shopping website dedicated to the concept of real style for real people.
• Omiru is a top-tier style site that has been featured in publications large and small, from the Wall Street Journal to the Palo Alto Daily News.
• Omiru has established me as a sought-after fashion expert, quoted on Yahoo! Health and Fortune.com.
• I currently lead a geographically distributed editorial team to produce top-quality style content 5 days a week.
Problem solver at a 30-person video commerce startup. I lead business operations and directly manage the team responsible for launching each sale on-site. Additional responsibilities include agile product management and business development.
• Project manage a cross-functional team of 15, scaling the team from launch to 40 sales each month.
• Manage team responsible for coordinating each sale event from idea to on-site launch.
• Led team through the entire product lifecycle to launch JOYUS’ video commerce beta site in less than two months.
• Drive business and product strategy & operations for the Premium Content Partner program.
• Own the business relationship with our national network of anchors and contributing editors.
Senior Product Manager, Buyer Experience (2008 - Present)
• Launched and managed the product roadmap for Fashion Vault, a fashion flash sale platform, balancing customer and business needs.
• Led the global launch of Fashion Outlet (US, UK, DE), optimizing the product after conducting user research in the UK.
• Reduced Bad Buyer Experiences by showcasing critical item information in a project that touched nearly every piece of the eBay site, from the listing flows to View Item, Checkout, and the API.
• Won a “Whatever It Takes” award for leading an agile development team to take the eBay Daily Deal product from concept to launch within two months.
• Expanded untapped revenue opportunity for a key category, resulting in double digit revenue growth within a month of launch.
• Co-developed product vision for Highlighting Deals to support the “Deals Worth Talking About” company strategy.
• Conducted customer research and led product strategy for a global, advertising-driven redesign of the eBay Homepage.
Senior Product Manager, Disruptive Innovation (2007 - 2008)
• Managed cross-functional team to build eBay applications on Facebook, leading to four filed social commerce patents.
• Served as eBay’s social commerce expert and acted as a consultant to internal groups, from Internet Marketing to Motors.
• Presented at Web 2.0 Expo and BlogHer Business on social commerce as an evangelist for eBay Innovation.
• Wrote product requirements and managed a cross-functional team through launch to add buyer notifications to the API.
• Won internal Skunkworks competition for a web app that allows affiliates to create a professional online store in minutes.
• Increased classifieds traffic 86% in two months through UI and navigation improvements.
• Managed partner relationships with Tribune and Gannett, launching co-branded newspaper classifieds sites, including the Chicago Tribune and the Orlando Sentinel.
• Led a cross-functional team through the entire product lifecycle to develop site registration and member profiles.
• Headed usability testing for the redesigned Topix homepage. Conducted $10,000 worth of homepage usability testing for only $200.
• Wrote product requirements, evaluated vendors, and selected a financial data partner, resulting in a 30% cost savings.
• Managed vendor implementation, developed the project plan, and presented changes to the stakeholders and customers.
• Created and implemented a financial model for advertising partnerships, streamlining the deal evaluation process.
• Increased effective CPM over 1000% for our personals partner by modeling the deal.
• Analyzed traffic, conversion rates and ad inventory to develop revenue models for major initiatives.
• Co-developed Community Publishing strategy that resulted in 1MM incremental PVs and 20K comments monthly.
• Co-developed Mobile strategy, interviewed vendors, and evaluated term sheets.
• Coordinated monthly All Hands meetings, polishing both the written and spoken message.
• Created weekly internal newsletter covering the digital space, including earnings reports and news headlines.