Toys "R" Us
August 2012 — Present
I started with Toys "R" us in a high volume Babies "R" Us store. After effectively managing several departments I was promoted to be the Store Manager of a small low volume store. My responsibilities were:
1. Ensuring every guest had a great experience while shopping in my store.
2. Driving sales and profit, by monitoring profit and loss and minimizing controllable costs.
3. Monitor payroll and use hours effectively to the needs of the business.
4. Develop a strong team through coaching and developing assistant managers to be high performers.
As a stretch assignment my district manager made me responsible for overseeing the opening and closing of some of our temporary holiday locations. While doing this my duties included:
1. Store implementation (putting up fixtures and all merchandise to company set floor plan.)
2. Hiring a brand new team.
3. Having weekly conference call with Store Managers to discuss weekly results.
4. Store visits for coaching and developing store staff