Department of Veterans Affairs
Senior Internal Auditor
June 2009 — Present
• Plan, coordinate, and lead (on a rotating basis) 31 diverse teams to audit the operations of
mortgage lenders participating in VA’s Loan Guaranty Program.
• Administer and coordinate audit activities by delegating tasks, resolving problems, and
• Research precedent regarding performance and production data of mortgage lenders in order
to identify risks and determine how to resolve them.
• Review, analyze, and audit VA home loans to ensure the income, credit, and appraisal
elements are upheld as described in VA Lender’s Handbook.
• Represent VA by leading 31 audit exit briefings with high-ranking executives and employees
at mortgage lenders to present quality findings, conclusions, methodologies, and
recommendations for compliance.
• Prepare complex reports to inform lenders of action items and provide schedules for project
• Review, analyze, and report on project status; negotiate disputed recommendations with the
lender to obtain necessary support, adjust work plans as needed, and monitor impact to
ensure compliance with the Loan Guaranty Program guidelines.
• Automate Excel spreadsheet to produce a random sample of 32 cases for accuracy review of
each business section for all nine Regional Loan Centers on a monthly basis.
• Organize and report monthly oversight findings in the VA Quality Assurance Access database
for Central Office to forecast employee training needs.
• Revise protocol for three chapters of Quality Control Procedures Loan Guaranty Operations
for Regional Offices in three weeks.
• Author and present on-the-job training plans to increase policy and procedure comprehension
by 42% and streamline the new employee training experience.
• Develop and deliver training on Full File Loan Review processes and
procedures to Assistant Chief and coworkers via Microsoft Lync.