My Fab Finance
Founder and Editor
January 2013 — Present
Named 2016 Best Personal Finance Blog for Women
Created in 2013, My Fab Finance is a personal finance and lifestyle blog that provides women with resources, tips, tools and strategies to help them end the cycle of living paycheck to paycheck so that they do more of what they love.
- Created and implemented to #BanishTheBalance challenge a 60-day debt repayment e-mail challenge that attracted 4,000 participants. Successfully galvanized the community to pay off over $200,000 worth of debt during the challenge.
- Continuously increased e-mail list sign-ups by at least 150% quarterly while maintaining an average open rate of 41% .
- Executive produced and wrote #CoffeeandCoins a social media video news series that simplified complex financial topics and current events garnering over 40k unique views.
- Effective thought leadership (Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook ) resulting in the formation of key relationships including a sponsorship from SoFi, Fidelity Investments, Ally Bank, MyBestBox, Reebok and Perfect Circle Insurance.
- Grew social media accounts organically: Twitter 12,500+ followers, Instagram 57,000 followers, Facebook collective community of 12,000 ) resulting in collaborations with Reebok, State Farm, Ally Bank, Fidelity Investments, AFLAC, Toyota, and, Prudential
- Presented keynotes and speaking presentations for The Taco Bell Foundation, Essence Fest, The Delaware Financial Literacy Institute, BlogHer, PepsiCo, Blogging While Brown, Wake Forest University, and Hofstra University