Girl Scouts of Greater New York
Director, Program Development & Partnerships
November 2015 — Present
Lead the strategic development of new and existing leadership development programs serving girls in K-12.
● Lead program creation and expansion of a middle school afterschool coding program in underserved schools and communities; a noncompetitive and competitive robotics program serving 280 girls; a cohort-based leadership program for high school girls; and a summer day camp in high-need communities.
- Spearheaded the development and curriculum of "Breaking the Code," an afterschool coding program for middle school girls, which combines coding and creative video projects with the leadership development outcomes central to Girl Scouting
- “Breaking the Code” was invited to represent a new and measurable commitment to expanding access to computer science education at the September 2016 White House Summit on Computer Science for All
-"Breaking the Code" was the centerpiece of the SXSWEdu talk on "Coding as Activism," highlighting its discovery-based learning activities and a curriculum combining leadership, coding and filmmaking into a powerful STEAM curriculum
● Advance research-based standards for program development in designing program curricula
● Provide supervision, oversight, and guidance to full-time and paraprofessional staff in program execution and delivery
● Collaborate with philanthropy and membership departments to identify and secure strategic partners for program delivery, program resources, and new registered members
● Manage external relationships with partners and collaborators for program development and serve as a spokesperson for media, donors, prospects and board members