United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
Human Resources Associate
November 2015 — Present
1) Greets and welcomes internal and external visitors to the Office. Responds to routine inquiries from staff.
2) Processes new hire paperwork, benefit enrollments and employee terminations. Coordinates with payroll, IT and providers to maintain accurate deductions and record keeping.
3) Processes all payroll changes bi-weekly in accordance with the payroll schedule by updating HRIS. This includes benefit deduction changes, employee status changes, equity increases, position upgrades, etc. Processes any out of cycle payroll items as needed on timely basis.
4) Processes vendor payments, employee salary advances and reimbursements. Maintains office petty cash drawer ($100).
5) Responsible for day-to-day administrative operations of the office, including telephone coverage, mail, filing employee paperwork and maintaining supplies.
6) Maintains and creates benefit/job/leave codes in HRIS as needed.
7) Maintains electronic timesheet system for all employees; including running balance/time entry reports; troubleshooting and adjusting time/leave entry issues before running of payroll; and updating employee cost centers/project codes as needed.
8) Monitors paid intern hours and sick leave accrual. Calculates and updates monthly balances.
9) Prepares for first payroll of year by updating HRIS for health coverage premium changes; ensuring leave balances are correct; and processing annual general increase.
10) Ensures all information is correct in the HRIS for annual ACA reporting and filing.
11) Creates employee correspondence, including Salary Advise Forms and employment verifications.
12) Maintains retiree health benefits and makes changes to coverage group as needed. This includes updating Retiree Drug Subsidy (RDS) as needed and creating annual file.
13) Completes quarterly audits of benefit enrollment to ensure accurate recording.
14) Completes other related duties as assigned.