Premier Beverage Company
Sr. Human Resources Representative
April 2013 — Present
Manages full life cycle HR processes for a multicultural and diverse workforce of 500+ at Premier Beverage-Miramar facility, covering South Florida from Vero Beach to Key West. Including but not limited to full cycle recruiting efforts, employee relations, ADA, FMLA, EEO, FSLA compliance, training, development and conflict resolution.
• Implements and maintains innovative and effective programs and policies that met corporate directives and consistently enhanced employee productivity.
• Effectively manages employees performance reviews, identifies areas of concern, meets with supervisors and establishes timely remedial measures that improve staff productivity.
• Coordinates and establishes HR strategies for conflict resolution, management development, and employment policies and practices. Supported 75+ Managers with professional guidance on internal and external regulatory compliance pertaining to their individual teams.
• Implements corporate initiatives and polices in accordance with Company policy and legal requirements.
• Maintains “Go to Market” initiative, which is revolutionizing the compensation and accountability program for a sales force of 250+ employees by matching targeted customer needs with percentage of goals attained. Meets with Divisional Managers after each cycle to identify areas of opportunities and collaborates on accountability, training and/or possible mentoring programs, which ensures future success for the sales associate.
• Successfully delivers training programs leading to certification for management and associates, including: behavioral interviewing, how to deliver corrective actions, civil treatment, appreciating differences, the business case for building and embracing diversity in the workplace and performance management.
• Committee Chairman for charity drives and quarterly events supporting local communities; established partnerships and outreach programs with several national organizations that increased employee engagement.