Novotel Kamala Beach, Phuket
Events & Marketing Manager
July 2013 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Events & Marketing Manager at Novotel Phuket, Kamala Beach.
• Bar Management, Operations and Staff Trainer, Events and Marketing manager.
• Events creator and coordinator. Designing fun and exciting concepts for the establishment.
• Advertising on social media, local event magazines and media. The role included creating and marketing new ideas to fit in with the venue. Selling and pushing the product we are good at. Poster design, printing and placement, advertising and marketing online via social media avenues. Setting up local News Paper interviews for events and new product available.
• Assisted in bar operations for four of the company bars and restaurants including; MiniBar, Barmuda, BingBong and Botswana Butchery.
• Responsible for all banking, stock ordering, processing, control and input in spirit selection.
• Dedicated training sessions lead by myself in classic and contemporary cocktails, drink design, bar product knowledge, espresso coffee creation and assisted in seasonal cocktail list design.
• Performed weekly as resident DJ for Good Group between Queenstown and Christchurch. I set up and operate events for the company’s bars and am responsible for all social media and newspaper advertising, and the marketing of successful events.
• I have perfected my signature sound over the past decade evolving alongside the House music scene. I am known for my uncanny ability to read the crowd, my sets range from smooth and sexy deep house all the way up to full throttle banging electro.
• I have played over 1,850 live event/club/paid gigs with sets up to 8hours long. Supporting international artists and local NZ festivals including Peak Fest 2009, Rhythm and Alps 2011 and most recently Summerlands 2012 and The Catlins River Festival 2013.
• I have had the opportunity to support some of the greatest international and local Dj's to hit New Zealand including:
Nick Warren (Way Out West, UK, Hope Recordings) Skrillex (Mou5trap, USA Owlsa) Zinc (UK) Feed Me (Mou5trap USA) Goodwill (MOS AU) Mark Dynamix (MOS AU) Recloose (USA) Luke Walker (MOS) Mark Emerson (NZ) Dick 'Magic' Johnson (UK/NZ)
• I have spent the last decade creating events. Promoting, advertising, designing posters and more recently utilizing social media to market and to create exposure for every gig I have played at.
• House, Electro, Funk, Nu Jazz, Disco and relaxed Genres.
• Social media event creation, marketing, advertising and knowledge in creating online traction.
• Reading crowds and creating a different atmosphere unique to the venue every night.
• Setting up sound desks, lighting and equipment.
• Understanding of sound engineering.
• Stage setup.
• Very skilled at video capturing and editing.
• Event marketing and poster design
• Skilled with Photoshop
• Played to crowds up to 7000 people.
• AUSTRALASIA'S LEADING BOUTIQUE HOTEL 2010, 2011, 2012.
• Recommended for the position of opening, managing the restaurant and event organizer for the bar of the award winning 5 star boutique hotel.
• As No.5’s first Restaurant General Manager, duties included implementing systems for daily operations, training and managing all staff, menu selection, Restaurant and cocktail bar set up.
• Events organizer for the restaurant and bar, control of all advertising, publicity and marketing in the local news papers and social media websites.
• Making sure systems such as stock control and daily operations of the restaurant were well structured, efficient and constantly improving.
• The standard at No5 is impeccable. With the Hotel being awarded the highest of awards internationally and 5 stars. I acquired invaluable knowledge and experience regarding how 5 star hotels are run in Queenstown to compete with international standards.
Toast Bar, & Copa Dunedin, New Zealand
• Both are award winning cocktail bars. I was involved with The Suntory Cup, Trans Tasman Cocktail Competition and was awarded De Kuyper Best Bar Team of the year 2007.
• I took on the role as manager at Toast and my role included everything from managing shifts open to close, stock control, cash up, roster and staff supervision.
• This is where I learned how to create a multitude of consistent and balanced cocktails to the highest standard with service from the owner and one of New Zealand’s award winning top bartenders and a very close friend Jamie Hughes.
• I have been using the Jamie Hughes’ philosophy in my own staff training sessions I run presently. With focus on how to balance drinks, general bar and product knowledge and how to sell product.
• 3 Years experience in the award winning fine dining New Zealand cuisine restaurant.
• Floor manager for 2 years.
• Created and manage events successfully and learned how to sell and market the events properly.
• Managing the staff and front of house staff. Responsible for staff rosters, stock control, systems and general house keeping.
• Experience in fine dining service, Managing the floor efficiently with staff and product and running smooth hassle free consistently fully booked nights.