County of Hawaii
November 2016 — Present
- Independently performs a variety of administrative, technical, and clerical services in support of the operations and programs of a department; may provide clerical and technical support to a board, commission, or committee; and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Types letters, memoranda, reports, statements, forms, and other materials into final form; checks and proofreads typewritten materials.
- Searches through a variety of paper/electronic files and records on software program LaserFiche; extracts and compiles data; organizes information and prepares final reports; assists specialists in the preparation and distribution of operational and activity reports.
- Assists in maintaining and updating the department intranet website through the software program SharePoint.
- Records, transcribes, and maintains minutes of meetings and hearings; ensures that agenda, announcement of meetings and notifications of affected persons are completed and in compliance with laws, ordinances, and regulations; prepares news releases; prepares correspondence for chair.
- Coordinates the logistics for workshops, meetings, hearings, presentations, and program displays.
- Supervises clerical assistants if need be.
- Keeps track of and explains vacation, sick leave, retirement, leave sharing, health fund, and other benefits to departmental personnel; assists employees in completing personnel forms.
- Creates and maintains department's quarterly newsletter.