Conduct disease management clinics including hypertension, osteoporosis, and cholesterol
• Process, approve and make standard recommendations in response to physician orders using facility systems
• Provide clinical expertise by responding to drug-related questions and concerns initiated by medical professionals and customers.
• Collaborate with the healthcare team to provide clinical and technical support as needed.
• Document all communication with physicians, nurses, other members of the healthcare team and patients and their family members in the medical record.
• Obtain, as necessary, and maintain all required documentation in accordance with federal and state regulatory agencies.
• Implement policies and procedures for the safe procurement, storage, distribution and use of drugs and biologicals, as well as disposal of drugs.
• Assist staff personnel with procedures relating to safe and effective methods of procuring, maintaining, administering and disposing of drugs.