Manufacturing Enginer III
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Independent Manufacturing Engineering Manager
· Transferred in-house production of Life Science Instrumentation to contract manufacturing sites in Mexico and Vietnam. Ensured documentation and ERP systems were set up correctly. Led a team of six production technicians to transfer all manufacturing processes including incoming inspection, manufacturing, test, troubleshooting and statistical process control to CM.
· Assisted in the site selection, outfit and set up of new manufacturing facility in Singapore. Transferred existing product lines to Singapore, including CBA manufacturing and test, instrument assembly and final test.
· Launched new product line into contract manufacturers (CM). Assisted CM in transferring product line to Vietnam. Developed assembly and test processes and fixtures, technician training and documentation. Used statistical process controls to ensure subsequent builds performed similarly.
· Assisted in DFMA and PFMEA initiatives for the New Product Introduction (NPI) process, which became part of the design review process
· Managed all aspects of a specialized semiconductor (thermoelectric module) manufacturing process operation and a biomedical instrumentation assembly operation including materials, workforce planning, equipment scheduling and facilities.
· Led four supervisors and 40+ production technicians, over two shifts to achieve cost, quality and production goals to meet forecast and maintain zero backlog.
· Implemented personnel cross training to increase flexibility and foster teamwork. Developed quality and production metrics to enable team to meet very aggressive production goals.
· Technical lead for a thermoelectric module manufacturing process and a precision thermal control instrument.
· Worked closely with capital equipment suppliers to develop new cleaning processes and high speed automated assembly/test equipment, conducted feasibility studies, installed new equipment and developed methods to monitor equipment performance.
· Achieved a 20% increase in productivity by adding additional capital equipment, redesigning fixtures for efficiency, increasing the reliability of in-process and final test methods and redesigning components to increase the ease of assembly and test.
· Increased product quality by reducing measurement variations with technician training and implementation of gauge verification procedures.
· Led new product development team, to design a new thermo cycler and its test methods. Successfully transitioned the product into manufacturing.
· Manufacturing Engineer for a company that provides automated interbay wafer handling equipment for semiconductor IC manufacturing fabs.
· Led a team of two - four engineers and technicians supporting the production of complex capital equipment. Defined team objectives. Responsible for setting prioritizes, allocating resources and coordinating activities to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
· Member of a team that led a company wide implementation of cellular manufacturing and Kanban.
· Transitioned new products into full manufacturing. Designed and qualified electro-mechanical, including automated, fixtures to aid in the manufacturing and testing product in all phases of production. Wrote standard operating procedures, work instructions and testing procedures to ensure quality and compliance to SSQA guidelines.
· Implemented a Kanban/Just-in-Time cellular system in manufacturing. Redesigned product subassemblies to improve manufacturability and reliability. Implemented statistical process controls to monitor and improve the production process.
· Developed and executed validation protocols for these improvements per current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) guidelines.
· Introduced a new phacoemusalation instrument into manufacturing, including process definition, flow analysis, documentation and process validation in a FDA regulated/ISO 9000 certified environment.
· Manufacturing Engineering support of fluorescent measurement and DNA synthesis instrumentation lines.