Indiana State University
Marketing/Social Media/Pro Shop
• Transitioned to focus solely on Marketing/Social Media/Web & ProShop in April 2015.
• Provided support for Recreational Sports Director, Associate Director and 3 Assistant Directors for 109,450 square foot rec center. Tracking of department budgets, purchase requisitions, vendor payments, and student payroll for 100+ students, biweekly payrolls for 24+ staff, travel authorizations and reimbursements. Cross-trained with African-American Cultural Center and Student Conduct & Integrity offices.
• Organized first department Open House, created new digital community newsletter and grew to 500+ readers, create press releases and make TV/radio appearances. Receive highest evaluations for customer service to our clients.
• Consistently earn All Star newsletter award, with open rates as high as 40%, click rates over 20% and opt-out rates of < 1.5%.
• Event planning, web and communications management, and public relations for faculty, staff and student events.
• Transitioned website from Front Page to Red Dot, then to SharePoint; moved to Drupal in Feb. 2016.
• Generate postings to university daily email, RSS feeds, student/staff portals, as well as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Periscope. Create video interviews.
• Coordinate PR efforts including bulletin boards and glass case displays.
• Create marketing to promote GroupX classes, Learn-to-Swim classes, Intramural and Competitive Sports, American Red Cross certifications, Personal Training and events. Search for new products for ProShop.
• Train new marketing/PR students, facilitate and track experiential learning, assign marketing and PR jobs.
• Served as Communications Officer for ISU Staff Council.
• Advisor for Hispanic Student Association 2010 - 2016.
• Advisor for CEO (Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization) 2015 - present.
• Founding member of HOLA (Hispanic/Latino Org for Leadership & Advocacy) for faculty/staff.