Danya International, Inc.
Health Communications Specialist
September 2014 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
I would describe myself as a quick witted, creative Internet adventurer with an eye on industry trends who has a proven ability to generate interaction, buzz, & community engagement.
•Work onsite at CDC’s National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities to provide social media support
•Weekly management of spreadsheets tracking data for social profiles including Flickr, YouTube, and Twitter
•Provide assistance for 10+ Twitter chats
•Use social media monitoring tools to monitor unique hashtags
•Work with the Health Communications Science Office team to develop analytical strategies for social profiles in the upcoming year
•Wrote monthly Twitter metric reports for 5 profiles as a benchmark for creating future content calendars
•Provided health communication support across a variety of projects
•Managed planning of program and logistics for Danya’s inaugural Social Media Day
•Assisted with corporate marketing by providing writing and editing support on proposals and marketing materials
•Assisted the National Partnerships for HIV and AIDS Prevention in health communication and partner outreach work
•Contributed to social media and communication planning for ongoing CDC projects, including the International AIDS Conference
•Conducted media monitoring activities for CDC’s DASH program, including monitoring major market TV and radio news clips featuring Centers for Disease Control spokespersons
•Organized an intern recruitment initiative for fall and spring interns at Danya
• Designed flyers and e-mail marketing campaigns for booth sales, special events, education, and attendee and exhibitor marketing sent out to over 40,000 industry professionals
• Produced and maintained regular website updates
• Managed attendee registration for continuing education courses for contractors in the state of Florida
• Processed booth sales for annual trade show of 3,500 attendees
• Maintained social media sites by formulating content for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest
• Managed projects, mainly Nike Campus on behalf of Franklin Retail Solutions’ clients on the basis of either my personal expertise within the retail environment or my unique understanding of the products offered within the retail sporting goods industry
• Built a work environment as an independent contractor by establishing strategic alliances & developed relationships with store personnel
• Member of the 100 Club: 100% projects assigned were completed without error
Developed an electronic marketing solution for BevShots as a class project. They had little experience using electronic media for marketing purposes and the group was to treat this project as if we were hired consultants working for the company. We discussed multiple electronic media in every solution we recommended and didn't limit our solution to a single media, such as Facebook. We considered how multiple media could play into BevShots marketing solution. Topics discussed in our solution were: SEO, paid search, multiple social media sites, blogs, YouTube, LinkedIn, mobile marketing, Twitter, and Pinterest
• Served as pledge class secretary
• Attended weekly meeting discussing fundraisers, professional activities, and community service events
• Supported events showcasing professionalism and networking skills for young professionals in a modern corporate setting
• Mentored two fellow brothers (Little Brother) to help guide and mold a positive professional experience in the organization
• Helped plan and coordinate various fundraising activities including car washes, raffles, and bake sales
• Reached out to professional speakers for mentoring to grow as a young professional
• Conducted a research presentation on Harris Corporation’s competition and their use of social media
• Helped plan and create a promotional video that will be used at trade shows
• Assisted and organized the Content Management System for the external website
Elected as Internal Relations Chair
Assist with home building for deserving families
Assist the management staff in the marketing and leasing efforts to maximize the community's occupancy.
Understand, support, abide by, and enforce the community lease policies while providing unparalleled customer service and respect for residents
Participate fully in the preparation and administration of Move In, Move Out, Turnover and new resident leasing days (to include marketing, tabling, info. Sessions, etc)
Plan, attend, document and evaluate community wide social, recreational, and educational events according to the Programming Model
Facilitated appropriate activities for my assigned age group.
Supervises the children and decrease conflicts.
Observed camper behavior, assessed its appropriateness, enforced safety regulations and emergency procedures, and applied appropriate behavior management techniques.
Led, guided and ensured the emotional and physical safety of a group of up to 30 campers.
Served as a teacher, mentor, friend, referee, community builder, activity leader and facilitator.
Provided customer service.
Resolved customer or public complaints.
Prepared reports and created new ways to improve the reports.
Maintain records, reports, or files.