City Colleges of Chicago
August 2013 — Present
•Advise students on establishing academic and career goals; identifies the educational and career options appropriate for each student; and assists with the analysis of each option, including possible outcomes and their implications. Establish an action plan for students to explore alternative careers and related majors.
•Identifty options for students to satisfy degree requirements; evaluates and make recommendations on petitions and amendments to student's program of study; assists students in successful completion of degree/program requirements.
•Utilize available technology, monitors academic progress of students toward degree and/or certificate completion; identifies current and potential academic needs; and refers students to appropriate campus resources for additional assistance.
• Maintain student files and records; documents all pertinent student information and updates in PeopleSoft regarding changes to student status.
• Interpret and explains college and District policies and procedures; participates in preparation of orientations; presents academic information to new students and parents/family during orientation.
• Evaluate and makes recommendations on students’ petitions for re-admission in addition to explaining placement test score and evaluating transcripts.
• Assist in recruitment of potential students by advising them of general academic requirements for specific degree/certificate program; describes courses; and disseminates information regarding enrollment procedures.
• Make referrals to partnering social service agencies when appropriate. Refers students to appropriate human services and assists with locating other referral sources as needed.