SecureNet LLC - Acquired by WorldPay US
General Counsel, Secretary and Head of Compliance
October 2013 — Present
SecureNet's integrated suite of payment tools is the simplest and most advanced way for merchants of all sizes to manage commerce across all channels. Backed by detailed business analytics, the platform helps merchants make informed decisions to grow their business. SecureNet’s unique direct connection to card networks makes pricing the most transparent and straightforward in the industry. Find more information at www.securenet.com.
I built the legal and compliance departments for this venture-backed payments technology company through it's eventual acquisition. Achievements included:
• Completely revamped the contracting process reducing review times from 6 weeks to 5-10 days, automating many formerly manual steps in the process, and simultaneously handling more transactions without outside legal spend.
• Advise on all employment matters including a reorganization and restructuring of teams, terminations, disciplinary issues, hiring questions and risk mitigation training for managers.
• Manage immigration process for key IT employees.
• Advise on strategy and direction of new product lines and new markets.
• Implemented and manage IP Incentive program resulting in company’s first patent applications being filed.
• Work with marketing and product teams with regards to marketing initiatives, trademarks, and related collateral.
• Responsible for privacy and data control matters related to expansion into international markets.
• Assumed responsibility for the Compliance department, including coordination of numerous sponsor bank, card brand, PCI and other regulatory annual audits, creation and enforcement of policies and procedures and risk management related to operations in a quasi-regulated industry.
• Manage the current, and strategic planning for the growth of the legal and compliance team.
• Manage outside counsel on corporate, immigration, litigation, intellectual property and overflow matters.
• Serve as secretary of the board.