Exton Senior Living
Charge Licensed Practical Nurse
December 2011 — Present
- Supervise certified nursing assistants and other employees on my shift.
- Responsible for making sure that all appropriate and required charting is done by everyone under my charge.
- Follow protocols of the facility which includes medication administration, vitals, safety protocols and any other required charting, as determined by specific facility's requirements.
- Responsible for medication administration to patients.
- Responsible for the safety of my patients and employees at all times during my shift.
- Make frequent rounds to check the health and safety of all patients under my charge.
- Responsible for making sure that all safety incidents are reported, charted and filed with the appropriate supervisors.
- Responsible for preparing care plans for my individual patients and attending care plan meetings to determine a regimen of care specific to patients.
- Clarify an order, request a test or suggest a medication.
- Communicate with physicians by phone or fax.
- Consult with the physician while he makes rounds.