Barrington Area Library
Human Resources Specialist
June 2012 — Present
No one cares how much you know, until they know how much you care.
Along with core HR competencies, I engage in creative talent acquisition practices. Hiring and retaining excellent staff drives success for the organization. Our staff continues to be our greatest asset.
I've had the privilege of developing a Human Resource department from conception. As the library's first HR Specialist I promote, foster and leverage a positive service oriented climate through the workplace culture.
Generating new business practices to ensure continued growth and development of staff has been a successful and rewarding endeavor. Fostering a culture of positive change gives room for collaboration and inspiration.
Core leadership responsibilities include being a(n):
* Influential adviser and strategist on Human Resources and Administration services
* Specialist in capitalizing on staff talents, skills, and knowledge; reward and build value
* Change Agent; providing analytical and strategic planning by adding a valuable perspective
* Catalyst in fostering a positive, creative and connective work environment
* Culture building communicator and collaborator; making a difference
I am fortunate to have a multi-faceted background that provides me an opportunity to create and manage a Human Resources department from conception. Collaboration with senior leaders has led a successful transition into 21st century process improvements for the library.