December 2013 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Worked closely and extensively with students— both with a class and on a drop-in basis at the university Writing Center— to help them focus and improve their writing and analytical skills; evaluated their needs at various stages of the writing process.
Assisted professors in teaching core course “Urban Society: Race, Class and Gender.” Wrote handouts and exams, graded papers, quizzes and exams, answered student questions during weekly office hours, led review sessions and lectured occasionally.
Worked as part of a multidisciplinary team to analyze factors affecting treatment continuity in patients diagnosed with substance abuse and mental health disorders. Extracted data from confidential medical records and trained another graduate assistant.
I currently manage several teams using scrum and agile methodologies: web and mobile software development, spatial analysis, and design & user experience. My responsibilities include:
* Coordinating communications with clients through all phases of the development process, including responding to initial inquiries, gathering requirements, developing project scope & budget documents, managing development from design through deployment, generating status reports and facilitating application maintenance.
* Leading the spatial analysis team in helping clients to define research questions, gathering data, identifying and developing spatial and statistical analysis methodologies, building models and producing reports.
* Collaborating with UI/UX designers to develop user interfaces for web and mobile applications, from sketchboarding to wireframing to implementation.
* Conducting outreach about Azavea's work by presenting at conferences, teaching seminars and webinars, and writing white papers.
* Conducted spatial analysis and cartography tasks for external clients and internal research projects; responsibilities included gathering requirements, identifying data sources, developing methodologies, building models, and generating maps and graphics.
* Acquired, maintained and digitized election-related spatial and non-spatial data for the Cicero API.
* Supported software development projects by performing spatial database development tasks including geocoding, digitization, georeferencing and raster processing and by conducting QA testing.
* Generated content for marketing websites, project sheets, newsletter articles and social media.