Manager, Strategic Planning
June 2012 — Present
Manage and direct the workload of a team 3 to support development and execution of Strategic and Tactical planning projects, and move management services.
• Understand short/long term strategy for existing business units in order to align needs with Real Estate and Facilities’ strategies and existing portfolio.
• Create and develop opportunities to maximize space portfolio by redistributing space, introducing new space types and work styles to support ongoing growth and current business needs.
• Work with our furniture manager, project managers, external support teams, such as architects, general contractors, etc. to develop and design new spaces as needed for BU’s.
• Produce stacking and block plans including scenario planning for large group moves as needed to support BU/REF needs.
• Provide programming analysis and reporting for space utilization, capacity audits, and growth including monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting for benchmarking and historical planning.
• Participate in M&A planning and execution for new employee integration, including any portfolio reductions as needed.
• Ongoing analysis to support portfolio consolidations, reductions and development of new space.
• Contribute to design and support/manage programming of any new construction projects per BU needs.
• Contribute ongoing development of internal technology, including new upgrades, enhancements, to current and new applications.
• Manage the moves, adds, and changes team for all daily, group moves, and lab moves, including external support vendors, such as movers, furniture and storage providers.
• Facilitate ongoing meetings with internal partners (IT, HR, Finance) to review ongoing REF projects and if support is needed.
• Manage and oversee duties of our department process owner, to make sure that all internal processes are analyzed, confirmed and documented.
• Participate in sourcing events for new and existing vendors.
• Train, direct and mentor staff on personal career development.