International Business Analyst
February 2012 — Present
The Business Analyst performs analyses driving strategy and operations optimization for client business units at Meritocracy.
• Manage changes and conflict of ideas effectively, during specifications gathering process.
• Gain in depth knowledge and a larger picture about client business environment and existing data sets, software applications through interactions with Business Analysts and clients.
• Document current client data streams and analyses using modeling templates and use cases.
• Conduct gap analysis on differences in data and context seen in various data systems used by client businesses.
• Determine and document ramifications stemming from identified differences between data systems.
• Produce models with Microsoft Excel incorporating and transforming multiple data sources into key reports to drive business strategy.
• Develop polished slides using Microsoft Powerpoint to communicate results of analyses and modeling exercises to clients and other team members.
• Participate in project review meetings; work with stakeholders to develop, analyze, test, and implement strategic recommendations.
• Focus on strategic planning and issue identification; communicate risks and issues that may require changes to plans or scope, to all project stakeholders.
• Create and review user acceptance test criteria and test cases (if required).
• Document all modeling activity and control documentation for traceability and future reuse.
• Evaluate and assess business strategy change impacts and recommend appropriate change mitigation activities to match client expectations/requirements.
• Create and develop final end-user documents.
• Support client process owners to create documents like, forms, reports, and tools needed to support business processes.
• Influence, negotiate, and act as a change agent to implement complex, innovative process improvements and to create a process management culture.