Co-Founder and CEO
August 2010 — Present
Sahasra is an initiative to build an impact oriented, self sustaining business model that serves the twin purposes of providing merit scholarships for financially backward graduate students as well as use the student energy to stand up for social causes in the society. Sahasra encapsulates specialized career oriented interaction forum, opportunity oriented information workshop and life impacting financial scholarships. Sahasra was featured as a case study in the Harvard Business Review’s “The Solution Revolution” in the September 2013 edition. The Business Standard Newspaper (April 2011) called it “An idea that can change many lives”. The Hindu and The Hans India newspaper carried a detailed coverage of the initiative.
• Conducted 25 workshops for ~20,000 students. Provided career oriented information sessions in 7 cities across the state.
• Generated merit scholarships worth $100,000 for 200 students with financial challenges and hardships.
• Designed program initiatives on scale in targeted regions. Recommend and appraise proposals to the board of trustees.
• Undertook regular monitoring of all funded projects. Handle administrative components of grant making and processing.
• Engaged in designing and carrying out evaluations and impact assessments.
• Created opportunities through collaborating with college administrators and conducting counseling sessions.
• Identified social causes that benefit from youth involvement, raised awareness and facilitated volunteer participation. Ex : MARG foundation, K.A.R.E
• Coordinated technical and soft-skills training workshops and brought industry stalwarts and guest speakers.
• Devised metrics of target, growth and results within the organization.