Shawnee State University
Technical Services & Collection Management Librarian
August 2009 — Present
• Organization and oversight of a major collection development project including deselection of outdated formats & updating worn and outdated materials.
• Collaborate with faculty to enhance collections and update materials and provide instruction in those resources. Instrumental in developing an Anatomical Model Collection for the College of Professional Studies.
• Ongoing Metadata cleanup, and working to eliminate duplication of formats and evaluate older formats for viability. Continue to improve and develop our EBSCO Discovery Service product for our stakeholders by creating custom datasets for owned content. Shawnee State piloted the use of this service in Ohio's academic community and trained staff to become functional experts.
• Developed new allocation formula to provides funding for collection development in tandem with academic departments. By evaluating enrollment, faculty hours taught and a number of students completing programs lead to the enhanced procurement of resources for successful degree completion. Work closely with departments on collections including expansion of e-book purchases while simultaneously updating the collection, including print. Developed and streamlined a strategy for evaluating, ranking resources for collection development and budgeting purposes.
• Plan resource development and metadata management to assist in electronic resource management, including ebooks and mobile platforms. Work in tandem with Systems Librarian to create data designed for maximum discoverability by patrons.
• Adjusted workflow to reflect a modern business approach and effecting positive changes in attitudes toward work. Maximizing staff time to efficiently deliver content to our patrons in a timely manner.
• Library subject liaison serving the Social Sciences, Nursing & Allied Health, and Business.
• Library Reference & Instruction, Information Literacy training. Research skills, idea development, quality resources, and complex query building.