Director, Global Commodity Management | CommTest
Led GCM Team for Test & Measurement division of $1.8B communications company. Managed sourcing, cost reduction and supply risk for all direct spend including software, servers, OEM/ODM, semiconductors, optics, passives, displays, batteries, magnetics, switches and relays, electromechanicals (including interconnect, cables, PCB, plastics, die casting, machining, carrying cases / gloves), and power converters/supplies. Within first three months of hire:
* Developed processes and metrics for forward looking improvement of contract manufacturers (CMs)
* Developed commodity strategies for top 80% spend technologies.
* Implemented Approved Supplier List (ASL); re-engineered GCM organization for early New Product Introduction (NPI) engagement.
* Championed development of lean process for global approval of new suppliers and components.
* Immediately achieved up to 18% cost reduction from first quarterly negotiations.