Summer Office Associate for Program Logistics
June 2013 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
- Provided in-classroom support and one-on-one mentoring for 15 middle school students struggling with grades, attendance, or behavior.
- Supervised and developed after-school programs in fields such as girls’ empowerment and technology.
- Maintained detailed attendance and schoolwork data for students being mentored.
- Worked to create stronger relationships between parents and administration through various community engagement events such as literacy nights, Pi Day events, book fairs, and spelling bees.
- Worked to manage day-to-day logistics such as program attendance, daily snacks, and employee hours.
- Functioned as a liaison between school and program, while also providing in-office administrative support.
- Provided one-on-one and group tutoring to high school students in English, Math, History, and Science.
- Assisted high school students with college applications, AP testing, and SAT/ACT preparation.
- Worked to improve student access to scholarship and volunteer organizations
Los Angeles, CA
- Assisted with large-scale craft workshops and assisted in planning of museum events.
- Developed slideshow presentation for front page of website and worked to create web presence for museum on websites such as Facebook, LA Weekly, LA Times, and more.
- Quickly and simply explained crafting instructions to individuals of various ages and backgrounds.
- Assisted museum front-desk during exhibition openings including answering phones and creating signage.
Carefully photographed and cataloged gallery paintings
Worked with prospective buyers in choosing appropriate pieces for their needs
Created and distributed press materials and artists catalogues
Collaborated efficiently with various colleagues and clients in developing aesthetically pleasing web pages.
Developed ways to effectively communicate and follow-up with various parties while creating a universally appealing web page
- Developed curriculum and taught class designed to provide enrichment or extra support for 30 struggling students.
- Prepared struggling students for California High School Exit Exam.
- Created programs that bolstered creativity such as building solar cars and designing cookbooks.
- Worked to create a culture of literacy by creating a school library and designing initiatives to promote literacy.
Assisted prospective students in registration and worked actively to increase school membership
Used point of sale system to handle both regular tuition and large events such as tournaments
Worked to maintain a clean and orderly system within the school