Consultant (SAP) - Solutions Architect
October 1998 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Senior Solutions Architect
• Served as the general SAP and systems solutions architect for various initiatives. Worked hands on with the Architecture team, SAP team, and business owners to design robust solutions accommodating all parties and within specific budgets and timeframes.
• Introduced SAP XI into the EDI landscape working directly with business owners and customers in addition to development resources and SAP module configurations.
• Served as project manager for the implementation of the SAP PI2004 upgrade.
Integration lead collaborating 100 individuals (business owners, technical resources, SAP MCs, and customers) to upgrade SAP 15 hot pack levels catching up over two years of upgrades. This incorporated 44 integrated systems across multiple platforms.
• Served as the lead architect and technical PM for an entity reorganization project reducing over 200 company codes providing a 500MM savings to the company. This entailed designed complex conversion scenarios using ABAP conversion programs, C# sub-system replication programs using SAP .Net Connector 1.1 to fully convert the reduced company code conversion into a second SAP production system while replicating existing data from production without interfering with production.
• Additionally handled the conversion of about 30 integrated systems affected and an enterprise wide conversion affecting internal business, vendors, and customers.
• Worked with the architecture team on best practices on SAP integration with various internal integration tools to best polish the enterprise wide landscape design.
• Assisted in the architecture design of the enterprise wide POS system and assisted in project management through go-live. This required complex design to capture upwards of 400,000 transactions daily.
• ABAP and Web Dynpro (WebAs/BSP) development for MM requisitions.
• Designed best practices for integrating Tibco to SAP working directly with the middleware and architecture teams
Design of the he Landscape Architecture for the Siemens SAP/Open Air integration and implementation using SAP PS, C#, Java, and the SAP .Net Connector 2.0.
Configured ALE Basis for SAP HR ECC 5.0 and SAP HR ECC 6.0 cross-system and distribution into Open Air.
• Development (ABAP) of custom RFCs as required supporting various integration needs.
• Business logic realization and development as required to support various integration needs.
• SAP security template design for the Open Air/SAP integration production release.
• Consulted on SAP Web Services and SAP XI/PI for SAPs Netweaver 7.1 upgrade.
Architecture for SAP Project Systems and SAP HR as required supporting bi-directional interfaces with Open Air.
Design of best practices for integrating Tibco to SAP working directly with the middleware and architecture teams.
Built a series of SAP Adapters for Tibco for the internet sales e-commerce project using SAP Java Connector.
Assisted in all aspects of moving the ecommerce project to production including general architecture and integration, SAP functional and technical, as well as scope definition and testing.
Sr. Solutions Architect
Architecture of new integration and business processes on both a functional and technical level, daily resolution of production issues and interface monitoring/resolutions, and key member of the decision making team for major SAP initiatives.
Lead several efforts, including working with business users to satisfy rapid ROI initiatives, improving existing processes, integration methods, and monitoring/resolution processes.
Key member of the SAP re-platform team moving SAP from UNIX to Windows.
Key member SAP 4.7C to ECC6.0 upgrade team.
Core team member on vendor selection and resource selection for various initiatives as required.
Introduced the Microsoft SAP Adapter for BizTalk to the BizTalk team and led the effort to implement the technology for a variety of interfaces.
Lead member of the acquisition team merging data between SAP and PeopleSoft/Oracle to support the acquiring organization including integration for financials merging two multi-billion dollar organizations by month close after the acquisition was approved by the SEC and finalized.
ABAP and BASIS back-up as required, including FI reporting supplementing required reconciliation reports not available in standard SAP, SD RFC/BAPI for supporting customer integration between systems, BASIS support for the Unicode conversion of SAP BW, STMS automation and approval process for all systems, and various/debugging/ /troubleshooting/support on both functional and technical levels.
.Net (C#) team support for iSAP integration.
DBA team support as required (Oracle and SQL Server).
Configuration and deployment of SAP PM (Plant Maintenance) as required for the production environment.
Design and development for rapid material creation with streamlined approval processing, for use with SAP GUI, Web, and iPad.
Design and architecture solutions for web and mobile applications for SAP PM and MM using ABAP and Web Dynpro development.
ABAP development of BAdi’s, User-Exits, standard applications and reports for GUI, Web, and Tablet implementations.
Design and development of the Landscape Architecture (C#/SAP) for the eMesa Live SAP Integration for SAP PM including Notifications, Work Orders, Requisitions, Reservations, Materials, Equipment, Functional Location, Employees, and Employee Time and Attendance utilizing the SAP .Net Connector 2.0 and .Net Connector 3.0.
• Worked directly with current customers and prospects on eMesa and SAP integrated solutions.
• Compliance enforcement of new development in support of current SAP certifications.
• Design and developed (C#) an RFC Server for master data downloads via SAP ALE.
• Designed and developed an initial data integration tool in C# using SAP .Net Connector 3.0.
• Configured SAP and SAP BASIS to support internal sales and development.
• Work with directly with implementation teams supporting architecture and custom development.
• Resolve daily help-desk tickets are required and related to SAP and SAP Integration.
• SAP and KRONOS implementation, architecture, and support.
• SAP HR /w nce w/ concurrent employees integrated with KRONOS Workforce.
• Time and Attendance w/ concurrent employees. Practices, Solutions, Integration, and Architecture.
Worked with the development and Basis teams to convert the corporate wide SAP Landscape from a UNIX based environment to the Windows Platform.
• Reworked Unix scripts as needed to comply with Windows
• Converted EDI and ALE sub-systems to comply with the new environment.