The New Republic
October 2013 — Present
• Report directly to Director of Communications and support Director of Business Development and Digital Media Editor.
• Review articles on NewRepublic.com each morning and select top 3-5 articles. Write daily press pitches for top articles and send to hundreds of influential journalists and editors.
• Build and maintain press lists for pitching editorial content. Tools used: CisionPoint and Microsoft Excel.
• Pitch pieces through Facebook to relevant groups gaining hundreds of shares, likes, and comments per story.
• Pitch The New Republic’s top articles each week to NPR affiliate producers.
• Supported Story Editor by translating a Panamanian source’s answers from Spanish to English.