Border City Media
January 2013 — Present
Border City Media addresses a tremendous unmet market need for a multi-media entertainment discovery application. With the development of BuzzAngle and BuzzAngle Pro, Border City Media has a unique suite of products based on exclusive consumption content combined with social media features. BuzzAngle Music is an enterprise class SaaS application to facilitate consumption metrics and analytics for the global music industry including, physical and digital album and song sales, tethered, programed and on demand audio and video streams, Airplay, Social Media and event information.
• Developed enterprise class SaaS application to facilitate consumption metrics and analytics for the global music industry including, physical and digital album and song sales, tethered, programed and on demand audio and video streams, Airplay, Social Media and event information.
• Worked with upper management at key music suppliers and sellers such as Sony, Universal, Apple, Amazon, Spotify, Vevo, YouTube and many others to enhance the capabilities and deliverables of the BuzzAngleMusic platform.
• Developed and Integrated automated ingestion systems to capture daily sales data volume from multiple legacy systems and other disparate data feeds.
• Developed advanced algorithms to handle the summarization of vast daily consumption record sets into usable data for BuzzAngleMusic online reporting systems. Platform currently Ingests and summarizes over 2 billion sales records daily while maintaining all key data elements of the sales record including, format, genre, metadata, UPC and ISRC association, retailer Information, geolocation, demographics and various other data points associated with each individual sale.
• Created and Architected process flows for Development, Staging and Production Platforms.
• Working with Hortonworks, architected and built multiple Hadoop clusters with “data lake” replication to house transaction, statistical, and historical data fueling all BuzzAnlgePro platforms.
• Architected and managed build out of 500 square foot collocation cages at various locations in the US and Canada.
• Established global and local traffic layers utilizing TLS (Transparent LAN/WAN Services) bridging strategy’s and protocols to transfer and distribute data using asynchronous parallel data transfers and seamless transitions of new data to the public platforms with no interruption.
• Architected and developed user Interface framework utilizing HTML5, Backbone, Handlebar’s, JQuery, Bootstrap, CSS3, Less, Perl, and Java, including protocols such as REST, JSON, XML
• Leveraged, Hadoop (HDFS), CouchBase, MySQL, Apache Solr, including Hive, Tez, Spark, HBASE, Thrift, and various other ancillary technologies solidifying best of breed hybrid implementations for performance and scale.
• At the startup level, orchestrated and built a resilient and efficient handpicked team of 10 high level multi-disciplined full stack engineers from pool of personal relationships utilizing Agile, Crystal, SCRUM and FDD methodologies.
• Created and established API to integrate and feed music partners such as Variety Magazine, Music Biz and various others, with Dynamic Public Charts leveraging the power of BuzzAngleMusic data.
• Consulted on data analytics Initiatives with key clients in the Music Industry including, Sony Music, Universal Music, Apple, Spotify, Google, Vevo, Amazon, BestBuy, amongst many others.
• Competing directly against top players in the music metrics and analytics industry including Nielsen Sound Scan, Music Metric and Next Big Sound.