Combined Systems Technology
June 2013 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
● Provide enterprise-wide software and hardware support. Hardware includes IBM/Lenovo ThinkCentre workstations, ThinkPad laptops, Blackberry and iPhone smart phones, iPad tablets, Nortel /Avaya VOIP phones. Supported software includes MS Windows XP and Windows 7 operating systems, MS Office 2007 and 2010, Office Communicator 2007, Symantec EVault, Symantec Endpoint Protection, CheckPoint VPN-1 SecureClient, Cisco AnyConnect VPN, Quest (formerly Provision Networks) Virtual Access Client, PGP and VMware.
● Create and administer user accounts under Windows server 2003 and 2008 Active Directory domain.
● Administer mailboxes and distributions in MS Exchange 2007 and 2010 environments, including Outlook Web Access, BlackBerry and iPhone configuration. Responsible for creation and maintenance of FTP sites, virtual directories and accounts for vendor and client interaction through Microsoft IIS. Responsible to coordinate administration of accounts with SXC Health Solutions, providing 5250 terminal emulation access to AS400 systems warehousing subscriber health information. Create and administer accounts in PGiMeet and WebEx web conferencing portals. Administer additional accounts in various client and proprietary systems.
● Responsible for creating baseline workstation and laptop software images using Symantec Ghost.
● Responsible for VMware administration through VMware vSphere client and VMware View Manager web portal.
● Involved in the introduction of McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator for securing mobile computers by deploying Endpoint Encryption, Data Loss Prevention and Device Control security modules.
● Helped to implement migration to Numara Footprints Service Core 11.
● Responsible for documentation and technical writing, including user manuals and guidelines, and departmental policies and procedures. Authored, for example, a comprehensive Day 1 manual for employees joining the company from a new acquisition, the Walgreens pharmacy benefit management business.
● Managed a staff of two in providing all software and hardware support responsibilities for desktop workstations, laptops, networking components and servers. Supported software included Win 2000 and Win XP Pro; MS Office 2000, XP and 2003; Symantec Ghost and Corporate Edition antivirus software; Computer Associates Pest Patrol managed antispyware solution; Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge constituent management and accounting software. Users were networked in a Windows 2000/2003 Active Directory domain.
● Acted as liaison between IT department head and all other departments in fulfilling requests for new installations, moves and changes to IT infrastructure, and assumed primary responsibility for addressing all direct user technical support requests. Help Desk work orders were requested and resolutions logged though Intuit (now Numara) Track-IT! call-tracking software.
● Created and maintained user and group accounts, and relevant network resources, through Active Directory.
● Performed telecom responsibilities, including running physical lines and programming extensions and voice mail on Nortel Norstar PBX system.
● Ran physical lines for new data ports, including punching down connections to ports and patch panels, and connecting lines to switches and hubs.
● Configured remote user access through Citrix Metaframe, using both direct ICA Client connections and nFuse web-based connections.