University of South Carolina Beaufort
February 2011 — Present
• Under the direction of the Executive Vice Chancellor of Student Development, I provide academic advisement, financial aid, admissions requirements, course requirements, housing contracts, student activities, institutional policies and procedures, career guidance, and life skills training primarily to first and second year degree seeking students.
• Provide orientation services to incoming transfers and first-year students.
• Instrumental in developing plans that focus on student success and retention.
• Monitor the success and academic progress of first and second year students.
• Conduct student success workshops on Time Management, Study Skills, and College Success
International Advisor - Principal Designated School Official (PDSO)
• Assist potential International students with the Admissions application process.
• After acceptance, I am responsible for collecting all required documentation before issuing their I-20 to freshman and transfer international students.
• Responsible for collection, monitoring, and reporting of information into SEVIS to maintain our I-17 eligibility status.
• Assist international students to get their visas, employment authorizations and to acculturate to their new place of study.
• Assist F-1 students to understand the requirements of maintaining their lawful non-immigrant status along with all the procedures, conditions, and time frames involved.
• Responsible for optimal batch-file processing in SEVIS with the authority to add or delete campus DSOs.
• Successfully completed USCB’s Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) Recertification process.
Assistant, Institutional Effectiveness and Research
• Assist with the administration of various student satisfaction surveys such as the Nation Survey of Student Engagement.
• Administer the ACT Collegiate Assessment of Academic Proficiency assessment tests to student in their sophomore year to determine their academic progress in order to identify weak areas in USCB’s general education curriculum.
• Utilize Survey Tracker software system to coordinate entire course evaluation process from distribution to collection and reporting of final results. Report student opinions to the appropriate department chairs.
• Operate Respondus software to upload and display online course evaluation forms in order to afford student the opportunity to evaluation their online learning experiences.
• Assist the Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic in administering course contracts between USCB and the Beaufort County School District and Contract Graduate Courses taught at USCB.