The Lowy Institute for International Policy
June 2013 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Knowledge Executive - Global New Business Development at Mullen Lowe Group
- Generate and edit content.
- Promote content
- Attend and cover events at other think tanks in the D.C. area.
Boston University's IRR Journal is a publication devoted to the discussion and exploration of news and events occurring around the world. The IRR has also recently pioneered an online blog.
Responsible to source stories of interest from global events or trends.
Contribute articles to the online blog, which is in its first year.
Continue to foster interest and increase circulation of the IRR around campus and beyond to a wider audience.
- As a columnist, generated content every week on current and world affairs.
- As opinion editor, I led a team of columnists and generated op-eds four times a week, as well as sifting through letters to the editor and layout the Opinion page.
- As social media editor, I oversee the social media outlets for the newspaper, and make sure stories that need map graphics and timelines have them.
The Daily Free Press is the independent student newspaper for Boston University.
Between January 2011 and December 2011 I was a weekly columnist in the Opinions section.
In January 2012 I was promoted to Opinions editor, leading a team of columnists and producing two op-ed pieces daily, fours days a week.
Involved in both the content and formatting of my section, participating in staff board meetings and leading budget meetings four times a week.
Scour the news daily to find news stories of interest to write edits about and edit other columnists' for content and style.
Boston University's Programming Council is the organization responsible for planning the largest events on campus, including formals, concerts, movie screenings, and many more.
As an event manager I'm present at weekly board meetings to discuss marketing strategy and event logistics.
Required to liaise with various organizations across campus as well as other venues in Boston.
Maintain professional rapports with agents, suppliers, and members.
Design marketing campaigns to encourage attendance and utilize social media to reach a wider audience.
- Assisted with research on cases.
- Sat in on pitch meetings for a fellowship programme.
- Required to synthesize various information sources into concise, readable documents for client consumption.
- Formulate the programming for a study on decision science and policy, as well as constructing and executing three different studies based on this premise.
- Perform physio data collection with human subjects.
- Managing multiple studies in one day and compiling relevant data.
- Assisting in other tasks around the lab, such as processing consent and payment forms.
The British Asian Trust is a registered charity in the United Kingdom and the 20th member of The Prince's Charities, focusing its efforts on promoting and instigating stable education, healthcare, and support to the South Asian region.
I developed strategy to increase the Trust's online presence and aided in the conception and maintenance of the new Twitter, Facebook, and existing website.
Performed analysis of advertising data and target demographics.
Developed the burgeoning potential ambassador candidates list through extensive research and compiled my findings into an easily accessible document.
Engaged in formatting and aided in design of the main website.
Compiled all existing contacts into a consolidated database in order to make operations more efficient and allow information to be accessible.
The European Care Group provides care homes across the United Kingdom for the elderly and the disabled. The G8 Gourmet Group has acquired and consolidated a number of restaurants in the London area and consequently now runs them as a single venture.
With the European Care segment of the business, I worked with the marketing sector of the care home operation. I aided in generating ideas to appeal to the niche market targeted using demographic analysis.
Designed and formatted the new website categorizing and recording each of the care homes in order for them to be more accessible to the general public.
Participated in marketing meetings, regarding marketing strategy for the latest developments.
Within the G8 Gourmet Group, I researched surrounding banks in the area of one of their restaurants, Tiffinbites, and generated interest by telephone calls.
Aided in the development of possible marketing strategies regarding Tiffinbites, including the formatting of new advertisements.
Gloria Books has published large-scale, luxury coffee-table books that include limited edition photography prints and have been seen in stores both in the United Kingdom and in the United States of America.
• In the marketing sector of the business, I participated in a meeting that outlined the demographic Gloria Books wanted to target with their product and the means and contacts required to meet those targets.
• I formatted and drafted out a comprehensive sales pack of the latest product, a luxury book on New York. This included acquiring market information on the value of limited edition photography prints and accenting major selling points of the book.
• In the editorial sector of the business, I aided in providing and organizing a comprehensive spreadsheet that included feasibility of different ventures the publication house could pursue.