Stevin Rock LLC
November 2013 — Present
Stevin Rock and associated companies mine in excess of 80m tonnes per annum of high quality limestone and gabbro aggregates which are sold into the local market and shipped overseas from its own harbour and from associated port facilities. The Company has a turnover in excess of $400 million and employees more than 3000 people. Its the Middle East's largest aggregates producer and one of the largest mining groups in the world. The company’s products have been used in high profile developments including: Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall, Dubai Metro, Palm Jumeirah complex of islands, Logo Islands, and the company is the supplier of choice of many steel plants in India.
Assisting and directly reporting to the Group CFO on standardization and review of key financial controls, processes and reports across the Stevin Rock group of Companies. Roles and responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the development of improved MIS across the Stevin Rock group.
- Review of monthly variance analysis reports such as capital expenditure, income statement etc. prepared by the Senior Accountants, for presentation to the Management.
- Assisting the Chief accountants in preparation of standard aged debt reports to assist in the credit control of the Company.
- Improving various costing reports such as equipment costs, workshop costs etc. so as to provide much more meaningful information to the Management.
- Preparation of IFRS position papers advising on critical accounting issues faced by the Company.
- Identifying and suggesting improvements to control weaknesses over recording and reporting of financial transactions and also improving the existing controls and processes.