Looking for my next move within the gas industry
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
• Created financial valuation model for OTC contracts (including swaps) to optimise gas purchases for Centrica as well as modelling gas hub swaps.
• Carried out financial analysis of gas assets including storage, transportation and location spreads of live and prospective deals.
• Liaised with the Treasury department to the hedge foreign exchange exposure of Centrica’s transportation capacity costs.
• Checked and validated European and UK transportation invoices before payment by back office. Created budget for European transportation costs.
• Involved in negotiations with counterparties including banks and suppliers to structure GSA contracts. This enabled Centrica to hedge their exposure to gas oil and fuel oil amongst other commodities.
• Modelled structured GSPA contracts (both standard and non-standard) to determine intrinsic value. Projects included Statoil deal worth US$ 17.2 billion.
• Responsible for providing financial and quantitative value analysis of strategic sales and purchase gas contracts.
• Managed relationships with external counterparties such as energy suppliers and banks and handled disputes.
• Interacted with suppliers to ensure contract terms were followed when invoiced.
• Key achievements: Successfully managed the pricing rounds for all Centrica GSPA contracts.
• Coordinated across departments to create an Access report to highlight Key Risk Indicators (KRI) on billing systems data. Report measured risk drivers such as major movement in number of sites, volume and end dates to ensure the demand forecast was in line with expectations. Findings from report enabled discovery of operational risk.
• Optimised Excel model for calculating the recharge between British Gas Business and Centrica Energy, this reduced the reconciling time by 50%. Heavily involved in the implementation of the new transfer price mechanism.
• Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for an internal hedging tool used between British Gas Business and Centrica Energy.
• Key achievements: A key point of reference for month end reporting and processes.
• Joined as a EU Account Manager in order to manage the setup of power and gas accounts. Quickly recognised as an important team asset by being given significant responsibility early on. Promoted to EU Project Analyst in February 2009.
• Built several enhanced power and gas demand forecast and pass through cost models. These were used to advise clients of prospective energy costs.
• Created, managed, produced and delivered budget reports to clients in the EQ budget fund. Reports included graphical representation of energy only turnout prices against budgeted in addition to pass through charge comparison. Additionally imbalance charges were examined by comparing half hourly consumption with purchased quantity.
• Responsible for conducting internal training sessions on the energy market, EQ bespoke applications and management software by identifying user needs. Involved in starting up projects within the team in order to identify best available techniques.
• Managed and performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on EQ bespoke applications. Closely involved in new feature development.
• Key achievements: Main point of reference in the decision making process for business processes, UK energy markets and prospective changes to the EQ bespoke application.
• Validated power and gas invoices for Norwegian non interval metered sites.
• Reconciled consumption and demand figures used by energy suppliers for both spot and cost management teams.
• Organised collection of accounts payable and resolved payment discrepancies with the suppliers.
• Handled accounting for validated invoices.
• Key achievements: Improved processes and enhanced internal communication resulting in efficiency improvement by 50%.