IT Help Desk Analyst
May 2011 — December 2011
• Fielded incoming requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
• Documented end user information including name, department, contact information, and the nature of the problem or issue.
• Prioritized and scheduled problems and escalated problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
• Recorded, tracked, and documented the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
• Applied diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
• Accessed software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
• Identified and learned appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
• Performed hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring applications.
• Tested fixes to ensure problems were adequately resolved.
• Performed post-resolution follow-ups to help desk requests.