January 2014 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Curate American entertainment content for State.com, a global opinion network that is currently in alpha mode; Interact with users to keep them interested and engaged with State.
Manage all content on lstylegstyle.com—a customized WordPress site—and then promote ours and other curated content to an audience of over 10,000 followers through multiple social media accounts and in a bi-monthly newsletter. In addition to writing the site’s premium content, I pitch and curate content from freelance writers and bloggers.
• Created a comprehensive style guide
• Tested newly designed website in beta
• Interviewed Leticia Van de Putte, Margaret Cho, Tegan Quin and Abby Wambach
• Q&A with Abby Wambach both went viral and was referenced in a BuzzFeed story, bringing 11,000+ new visitors to our site in three day
Manage and post to magazine’s Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest accounts; Proofread copy for print magazine; Transcribe interviews; Pitch story ideas at budget meetings; Write stories on local and national LGBT topics for lstylegstyle.com.
Worked with writers and a copyeditor to produce high-quality sports content for the weekly newspaper; Designed and edited content using InDesign, and uploaded content to the website using BLOX content management system.
• Wrote the paper’s first exclusively online story about the Chicago Red Stars soccer team
• Coordinated with photographer and videographer for Red Stars story to get high-res photos and an accompanying highlights video
• Challenged staff to reach out to writers and readers through social media
• Created first Hilltop Views staff Facebook group
• Helped create Hilltop Views’ Instagram account
Grade and input grades for writing professor; Edit students' papers and give constructive feedback and direction.
Proofread and format company e-newsletters in MailChimp; Manage company’s Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest accounts; Write weekly blog posts profiling Ticketbud users that were linked on Facebook, Twitter and in newsletters; Embed all content with SEO keywords, Edit fellow interns’ blog entries.
Read all sports-related articles before publication and proof according to AP style.
Managed a team of editors and designers to curate, design and print a collection of students’ academic essays.
• Set a record by soliciting over 100 essay submissions as editor-in-chief
• Arete won top honors in both the 2012 and 2013 American Scholastic Association Contest