National Basketball Association (NBA)
Senior Director, Content Development/Event Planning
December 1993 — Present
• Project lead for NBA Global Games in China from 2009 through 2014. Managed relationships with the arenas, promoters and local government. Was responsible for managing $12 million budget including maximizing ticket revenue, reducing expenses and ensuring sellouts. Worked closely with participating NBA teams on all of their arrangements for the games.
• Direct various components of NBA, WNBA, D-League and USA Basketball events including venue selection, budget development, and a event logistics for a number of events including regular seasons games in London, preseason games in Europe, NBA All-Star Weekend, NBA Finals, NBA Draft Lottery, NBA Draft, Summer Meetings, NBA Board of Governor’s Meetings, WNBA All-Star Games, WNBA Draft Lottery, D-League Showcase, Basketball Hall of Fame Induction Ceremonies, USA Basketball Training Camps and pre-Olympic Tours, and hospitality programs for USA Basketball at the 2008 Beijing and 2012 London Olympics.
• Work with Commissioner’s and Deputy Commissioner’s offices to manage VIP guest needs at events including tickets, function passes and inclusion in VIP programs.
• Liaise with account and sales managers across all business units globally to assist in their efforts to satisfy the event and hospitality needs of their clients at all NBA, WNBA and USA Basketball events and ensure Project Leaders within Events understand the specific event and hospitality needs of the business units on partner by partner basis.
• Oversea the database that manages guest hospitality and invite information as well as database and app to share relevant event information company-wide.
• Manage staff of four (one manager level, two coordinator level and one assistant level) on a daily basis; schedule, train and manage staff of anywhere from 5 to 50 plus on-site at events.