June 2013 — Present
● Provide daily leadership and supervision for students and staff members.
● Lead standards committee and was a member of the steering committee for joint Advanc-Ed/ACSI accreditation.
● Aligned curriculum to the common core standards for all grade levels and subject areas, as well as curriculum maps.
● Created a Master Schedule for elementary and secondary levels to guarantee maximum instruction time for students.
● Introduced and organized the history fair (NHD) and the science fair in the 2013-2014 school year,
and led collaboration with other schools and Universidad Francisco Marroquin for the 2014- 2015
regional fair, and became the Central American Coordinator for National History Day in 2015.
● Lead staff development workshops in the areas of classroom management, strategies for best practice in instruction, and formative assessment.
● Coordinated the transition to standards-based grading for grades pre-kindergarten through fifth
● Amended the student/teacher/parent handbook to update policies and practices.
● Developed school policies for common grading, standards-based grading, acceptable use policy for technology, and hiring and retaining highly qualified staff.
● Headed the committees for human resources, annual budget, student support, curriculum, academic evaluation, and instruction.