Ernst & Young
Senior Tax Accountant
August 2012 — Present
• Contribute to client satisfaction by providing clients with quality, timely and responsive services and work products.
• Demonstrate an understanding of increasingly complex tax concepts.
• Discuss moderately complex tax issues with the engagement team and client management.
• Keep informed of current tax developments and effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations. Thoroughly and accurately analyze information.
• Prepare practical and effective recommendations to the client's tax situation and arrive at appropriate conclusions.
• Assist in the development of recommendations and implementation plans and assist in making quality decisions in complex areas.
• Share tax planning ideas with others.
• Participate in and contribute to achieving team goals.
Daily duties involve preparation or review of corporate income tax returns, preparation of special reporting requirements (T106, T1134, T5013, NR4, T4A-NR, etc.), preparation of trust tax returns, personal tax, tax research of specific tax scenarios and provide analysis/solution incorporating the tax legislation.