Manufacturing Manager/ Deputy Site Manager
March 2014 — Present
- Responsible for managing the Production Operations team to meet quality, cost, and schedule commitments for make hardware along with directly managing six Manufacturing Managers and ~70 represented hourly employees and indirectly overseeing an additional ~50 salary/hourly employees.
- Manage a 2 shift manufacturing operation with various disciplines such as CNC and Manual Machining, Welding, Special Coatings, Ceramics, and Sheet Metal Fabrication.
- Represent management when dealing/negotiating with UAW leadership to maintain a strong working relationship, proactively address issues, and resolve any employee conflicts.
- Responsible for development of Dallas manufacturing strategy and alignment with capital acquisition process to support annual capital spend of an average of $6M
- Manage Dallas operations direct and indirect cost teams responsible for $5.4M in Program and Overhead budgets
- Responsible for Production Operations interactions with Program and Functional Management across the enterprise to build and maintain working relationships to grow the business.
- Engage and partner with Production Engineering, Quality, and Production Control to facilitate business operations to meet our customer demands and seek opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Partner with Facilities and Maintenance Operations as well as Environmental, Safety, and Health leadership to maintain a world class manufacturing facility where our employees return home for the day in the same condition as they started the day.
- Integrate Industrial Engineers into operations to achieve continuous improvement via Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Theory of Constraints and other practices to optimize performance.
- Ensure the manufacturing facility and its related support functions maintain AS9100 and ISO 14001 certifications through regular internal and external audits.